Tuesday, April 24, 2012

CATS MIGHT BE THE SCARIEST VHS BOX COVER OF ALL TIME


I can't stop staring at this VHS box because I'm afraid when I look away, that evil giant kitten is going to make a fancy feast out of that poor girl. Back when I worked at a video store I rented hundreds of horror movies that featured bloody and gruesome box art, but none were as scary as this cover. I haven't watched it, but from the cover, I'm guessing this is one gruesome horror movie.  Oh, wait...

Wow, I'm so embarrassed. This isn't a horror movie about killer cats, but instead a wholesome look at the wonderful, whimsical world of cats. Ah, man! I want my fifty cents back from the thrift store. What a gyp? With a cover like this, it really should be a horror movie. Turner Entertainment released this tape with the deceiving cover back in 1994.

The example below is the version I apparently I saw in my mind's eye and it still scares the living litter box out of me!



1 comment:

Justin S. Davis said...

She looks so happy as she's about to be devoured.